Who were the Masons of Virginia and how did they influence the world around them? The Mason's Legacies Project encourages Honors College students at George Mason University to better understand George Mason IV, his family, and their lasting legacies in the region. By picking topics about the Mason family, or themes they would have witnessed throughout their lifetime, Honors students are helping to recreate George Mason's world through primary source research and online exhibits.
Mason's Legacies is an ongoing Omeka project that will include the research and work of multiple Honors College classes over the next few years. The first Mason's Legacies course (Spring 2018) was taught by George D. Oberle III Ph.D.
George D. Oberle III Ph.D.
- Director of Mason's Legacies Project.
- Affiliate Faculty Department of History and Art History-Adjunct Professor.
- Adjunct Professor
- Honor College.
- History Librarian University Libraries
Stephanie Seal Walters
- Ph.D. Candidate, George Mason University
- Digital Humanities Specialist for the Digital Scholarship Center